Being in the event industry, I feel that no occasion (no matter how small) should be without a guest favour. It’s a respectful gesture to show those who made an effort to come out a warm thank you. And on that note: why not warm them up with small matchbox favours? I simply purchased a set of six 32 count boxes at the dollar store and saw great potential in them. And don’t underestimate candles in the summer; they are great on patios at night and while camping. There’s nothing like having a good match on hand when the lights go out.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Text weight paper
- Glue Stick
- Matchboxes (32 count size, approx 2.035″ wide x 1.375″ high)
- Free Printables for the Matchboxes
- Bone Folder (optional)
WHAT TO DO:
1. Download and print the Free Matchbox Printables.
2. If you have a bone folder, use it to score along the dashed lines. If not, just fold them over carefully by hand, then unfold and proceed to cutting out the designs along the solid dark line.
3. Take your glue stick and cover the backside of the design entirely, then stick it to the matchbox (with the one short side with the striking strip exposed).
4. Press down firmly and wait for it to dry within seconds. That’s it! They’re ready to thank your guests.
Other ideas: Matchboxes are easy, inexpensive, and useful favours. Great for small events, but also larger ones. Take a wedding for instance: why not use them as place cards where each individual’s name is printed or written on them. Try this idea with blank coloured paper that matches your event. …no pun intended.