This week, Sam and I have teamed up to bring you guys a tasty fall treat perfect for guest favours and holiday gifting. Inspired by the apple butter recipe in my last DIY Round-up post, I recently decided to try my hand at another kind of preserve: Pumpkin Butter! If you’re a fan of pumpkin pie, you are going to love this stuff and I guarantee you will be spreading it on everything; I even stir it into my morning oatmeal. There are lots of different recipes out there, but I’ve included my own version with a little hint of maple to make it extra delicious. If you don’t end up eating it all yourself straight from the pot (trust me when I tell you that this is a distinct possibility) and you want to get this pumpkin butter ready for gifting Sam, has included 3 different printable labels for you to help pretty up your jars.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Butter:
- 28 oz. can of pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 star anise
- 1/4 cup of water
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes or until thickened slightly
3. Remove star anise and spoon the pumpkin butter into clean sterilized jars
4. Add one of the free printable labels and get ready to gift away!
Other Ideas & Tips: Print labels directly onto sticker paper or, if sticker paper isn’t available, simply print onto regular paper and affix to jar using double sided tape.
all images: Uschi & Kay