This DIY is a quick and easy favour for your holiday celebrations (or a wedding if you happen to be having/planning one). And we all know that as the temperature gets colder, our bodies crave to be warmer, and a larger appetite occurs. So treat your guests to a hearty serving of trail mix. Mix your own or buy something bulk; maybe something on the festive side even, like dried cranberries and nuts. A good host/hostess never lets their guests go hungry, so keep their bellies from rumbling with this potted snack mix.
WHAT TO DO:
1. Grab some mini clay pots from the local dollar store or gardening centre.
2. Brand your favours either with a mini tag or by writing on the pots themselves with a chalk marker. QUICK TIP: MyFonts is a great site for lettering inspiration. By clicking on the font you like, you can even enter sample text to see exactly how your word, phrase, or number will look in that style.
3. Now take your food safe plastic bags and put a handle full of your mix in the bag. Test out if it will fit in the pot first so you’re not putting too much or too little in. It helps to plan out the servings ahead of time if you’re making a large batch of favours.
4. Twist the plastic bag to close it and tie it tightly with your string (and tag if you’re using one).
5. Sit it nicely in the pot and finally if necessary, trim the excess off the end of the plastic bag with scissors.
Voila! Happy serving and snacking!
images: Sam Dubeau